371 Results for Thought

Francis Bacon once said, “Wives are young men’s mistresses, companions for middle age, and old men’s nurses.” Well, I must say, it’s nice to know that I, as a woman, am existing with the sole purpose to please men. But am I not a person? Do I not have goals and aspirations? Appare...
The Significance of Trifles Men are inclined to overlook trifles and look for the big picture of situations. Susan Glaspell illustrates this scheme in her play, Trifles, and her short story, “Story of an Hour.” The play is based on the short story. While trying to solve a murder case of a...
Breaching the Boundaries The tendency toward naturalism is clear enough to enable students to grasp its basic deterministic philosophy, as Edna finds that her life must be lived within socioeconomic and biological boundaries as unyielding as the walls around any penitentiary. Throughout The...