251 Results for Mother

Observation Well I started my observation at TGI Fridays in Costa Mesa on Tuesday afternoon. While I was there I was very intrigued by this mother and daughter who were arguing over what the girl would order for dinner. The little girl looked like she was about six or sev...
My Oedipus Complex The story “My Oedipus Complex” by Frank O’Connor deals exclusively with a little boy named Larry and his feelings towards his father. When his father returns home from World War II, Larry is resentful and jealous of losing his mother’s undivided attention, and finds h...
“Why don’t yall just shut up and leave me alone!” I mumbled under my breath as my parents screamed at me from the other room. They had been annoying me all morning and I was ready to leave the house and never come back. My mother started her escapade around six o’clock one Saturday morning ...
Tillie Olsen’s short story “I Stand Here Ironing” recounts a poor working woman’s ambivalence about her parenting skills and her eldest daughter’s future. It asks the question: What is the cause of Emily’s troubled life? The narrator of this story is a middle-aged mother of five and is...