21 Results for Florida

Los Angeles social advocates, who were the first in the nation to submit homeless shelters as polling place, are working to increase the numbers of homeless and low-income voter who vote. They hope to register 5000 new voters and plan extensive voter education and mobilization drives before Nov. 2....
Voting is the essence of a democracy. Therefore, it should be practice by all the citizens of a country. Unfortunately, I can’t vote, because I am not a U.S.A citizen yet. Hopefully, I will be a U.S.A citizen within the next year. However, as a minority in this country, I believe voting is our voi...
Originally intended to combat the stiff competition between the North and South, the Electoral College is now unnecessary and is a threat to the current system of democracy because of the possibility of a minority president being elected, “faithless” Electors who are unconcerned with the decisio...
The Lack of Voters in the African American Community There are many problems in the African American community such as drugs, violence, and poverty. Many blacks live in area of town where it is considered to be an unsafe place to live and raise our children. Most of us take the hand we are dealt...