19 Results for aldo

In 1949, A Sand County Almanac was published which includes an essay by Aldo Leopold entitled “The Land Ethic.” In this essay Leopold writes about his idea of Land Ethic which is essentially conservation to an extreme. His main point in this essay is that people need to help the land because no...
Aldo Leopold’s A Sand County Almanac and Sketches Here and There is not normally the type of book that I would pick up and read for enjoyment. I feel privileged that I got to read it now. Leopold’s views and outlook on nature are amazing. His keen since of observation and highly descriptive ...
Finally a poet I can relate to! Robinson Jeffers and I have both lived in California and share a similar zeal for nature. I really like that he writes poems about nature and animals. The three poems I read make me want to read more. The first one, Birds and Fishes, was my favorite and I enjoyed h...